Looking for a delicious, easy to make gingerbread recipe? Well I have one for you here. I adapted this recipe from one that my grandmother had.
I am not one for rolling out dough but this recipe make an easy to use rolling dough. The cookies baked are nice and soft and delicious. Well here we go:
1 1/2 sticks salted butter, softened
1 2/3 cups sugar
4 cups flour, plus more for rolling
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp all spice
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground clove
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup dark molasses
1. Mix butter and sugar together in a mixer with paddle attachment for 5-6 minutes. (Important)
2. Add egg, molasses and mix.
3. Combine all dry ingredients together.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients 1 cup at a time. Mix in between batches.
5. Sprinkle flour down on counter. Roll dough to 1/4″.
6. Cut out cookies and place on parchment lined baking sheets.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Cool completely before icing.
Yield: makes approx. 2 dozen cookies.